August 2021

Wow what a month that turned out to be. Nothing like I expected. I had finally made my way to the far north. I was intending to stay for a month, however on the way up it was raining – very heavy. And the front window in the caravan leaked. I had quite a few things on my list that had gone wrong, so I ended up emailing the place I brought it from to see what could be done. As a result of that my caravan was booked in for repairs on the 3rd August, in Auckland.

So I only stayed for 1 week in the far north before making my way back to Auckland. Had to pack my bags, take the caravan in and go and stay with a friend. The caravan was in for 2 1/2 days, (2 nights) before I could pick it up again. Most of the issues were fixed, but they were waiting for 2 parts to arrive. One was a new ceiling fan, the other a part for the water heater to stop the leak underneath the caravan. And the part for the water tank could take up to 2 months as it was coming from Ireland.

There was the possibility of the ceiling fan arriving the following week so I decided to stay on in Auckland for another week see if it did arrive. It didn’t, so I was preparing to leave. And then the day before I was due to leave, I got a call about some potential work, so I decided to stay on for another week to look into that and be available for meetings if needed.

I was then due to leave on the Friday and on the Monday afternoon I got a call to say that both parts were now here and could I bring the caravan in the next day to do the repairs. So on the Tuesday morning I took it back in, and got all of the repairs completed.

I was just getting back to my parking spot with the caravan when my phone started to go a little crazy and that night we got the news that New Zealand was going into lockdown again. So I had the choice to leave, but where was I to go? I have no permanent base. So I made the decision to stay where I was in Auckland. Was that a wise choice? Probably not. As of the end of August, Auckland is still in a tight lockdown of level 4 and the rest of the country has moved down to level 3. Auckland has to stay in L4 for another 2 weeks, with no guarantee that it won’t go on longer.

So there we have it, I’m stuck in once place with no idea on how long I have to stay here. Some days it’s a bit like groundhog day, but there you go. Sometimes things just don’t go your way!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.